To upgrade the existing license on another license server, you have to:
Deactivate Your Existing Floating Seat License
The following installation needs to be done on the server. A server administrator should follow the instructions below. Otherwise, contact the server administrator to perform the following installation and/or upgrade your existing floating license from the Innovyze Floating Seat License Manager on the server.
- Locate the Floating Seat License Manager, which has the existing floating seat license(s).
- Deactivate the existing floating seat license by generating a Deactivation Key:
- From the Floating Seat License Manager, highlight the license that is being deactivated. Make sure that the number of seats matches with the number of available seats for the license. If not, contact the user to check the license back in.
- Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the Floating Seat License Manager to get to the Deactivation dialog.
- Click the Deactivate License button. There will be one last step before the license is deactivated on the current machine.
- Click the Submit Key Online button to submit the Deactivation Key via online.
- If the Floating Seat License Manager is installed on the server, launch it and go to STEP 5. If the Floating Seat License Manager has not been launched on the server yet, launch it. To find out more information about how to install the Floating Seat License Manager, please read the Floating License Server Users Guide. To install the Floating Seat License Manager on your server, perform the following procedure:
Turn on the machine and start Windows. Close any other applications that are currently running.
|This installation REQUIRES A SYSTEM REBOOT at the end of the installation process for this software to work properly. Please be prepared to do so at the end of the installation wizard.|
- Launch the installer from the download link provided. Follow the on-screen instructions for system specific information.
- The system MUST REBOOTED immediately following the installation program. Failure to do so will prevent certain clients from being able to access the system.
- After reboot, from the Start menu, navigate to Programs and then go to Innovyze Floating License Server and launch Floating License Server Manager.
- The About dialog box should appear as shown below. The Serial Number, CD Key, and Hardware Identification Key should appear in the About dialog box.
- Set the Request License Key Online For drop-down menu to Activation and click the GO button to open the Internet browser and load the Innovyze Request License Online webpage.
- Please verify the Serial Number and the CD Key and then fill in the email address and telephone number. Finally, click the Submit button to send a request to obtain the License Key. The new license key will be displayed on the webpage and a confirmation email will be delivered to the registered email address.
- Open the licensing About dialog box (see Step 6 above) and copy the License Key from confirmation email or Request License Online webpage and paste it in the License Key field. Finally, click the Apply License Changes button to complete the activation process and close the About dialog box.
- The Innovyze Floating Seat License Manager dialog box now appears on the screen as shown below.
- After you submit your license activation request, our on-line license activation system will automatically display a new License Key on the webpage and a confirmation email of your request will be delivered to your email address as well.
- Finally, click the Apply License Changes button to complete the activation process and close the About dialog box.
Activate Your New Upgrade Floating Seat License
The following installation needs to be done on your server. If you are a server administrator, follow the instructions below. Otherwise, you must contact your server administrator to perform the following installation and/or insert the new upgrade floating license into the FLOATING SEAT LICENSE MANAGER on your server.
- In the Innovyze Floating Seat License Manager, click the New button to clear the Floating License Information area. Fill in the new Serial Number and CD key.
- Set the Request License Key Online For drop-down menu to Activation and click the Go button to open the Internet browser and load the Innovyze Request License Online webpage.
- After receiving the License Key, click the Apply button of the Innovyze Floating Seat License Manager dialog box to activate the product. Repeat STEP 1 and STEP 2 to add additional Innovyze products.
- Finally, install the Innovyze product(s) using the provided software download from the Innovyze website on the client computer. After the installation has been completed, users have the capability of checking-in and checking-out a floating seat license from the server up to license seat limit. To find out more information about how to check out the license(s), please read the Floating License Server Users Guide. To install the Innovyze product(s), perform the following procedure:
- From the client computer, login with administrator rights.
- If the Innovyze product needs to be reinstalled (it is recommend that the previous installation is uninstalled) or installed on the client computer, please do so now.
- From the License Options dialog box as shown below, select the Floating License radio button.
- In the Floating License Server Entry dialog box, specify the location of the Innovyze Floating License Server by clicking the Browse button or typing the name or IP address of the server where the Innovyze Floating License Server is installed.
- In the Setup Options dialog box, select the Local Stand-alone installation (standard) radio button. The Local Stand-Alone option installs both shared files and client machine specific files in the client computer. It is recommended since the Central Repository option installs example files and client computer specific files in the client computer, then installs the common files to a central location. If the administrator updates the central repository but forgot to update the client computer, it would cause the program to fail. Also, if a user wants to use a different version, there would have to be version management between users. Most customers use the Local Stand-alone option.
- Finally, the Innovyze Product License dialog box will appear on the screen as shown below.
- After completing the installation, check if the client computer is correctly configured:
- If the client machine uses Windows XP SP 2, either disable Windows Firewall or open port 5367. This port is required for client machines and the server to communicate.
- Users need to have read/write/modify permissions to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\INNOVYZE directory or the ini files (H2OSM.ini, H2OSW.ini, H2OWR.ini, HNET400.ini, INFOSM.ini, INFOSW.ini, or INFOWR.ini) on the client machine.