The following list provides the features and improvements in the previous versions of the application.
For the list of features and improvements for the latest release, refer to What's New.
List of Improvements in 2020.2
Plugin for Civil 3D® 2019, 2020, and 2021 allowing import and export of InfoDrainage files within Civil 3D®. This converts InfoDrainage data to and from Civil3D® objects via a parts mapping manager and offers the following benefits:
- Enables better use of Civil 3D® data, streamlining workflows, reducing laborious data entry to provide an efficient drainage design workflow.
- By using parts mapping, this enables faster 3D object representation as required for BIM compliance.
- Once parts mapping is set up, import/export remembers InfoDrainage data ensuring round tripping maintains information when multiple iterations are required.
- Stormwater controls (SuDS structures) are accurately represented in the surface as laid out on plan in InfoDrainage.
- Further design iterations within Civil 3D are minimised by maintaining correct connection, inlet and outlet locations from the graphical plan layout in InfoDrainage.
Installation and Licensing
- This interface is an optional component so is provided as a separate installer that can be installed as required. Refer to Installing InfoDrainage for Civil 3D® for installation instructions.
- Access to InfoDrainage for Civil 3D® is only available at the Advanced Tier and above. You can find more information on InfoDrainage Tiers or by contacting your account manager.
Create audit reports to check properties of the design and results against a range of criteria. Audits can trigger additional analysis or validate and report missing data required to complete the audit.
- Aids designers and reviewers by collating data required to demonstrate compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Customizable and stored templates reduce the need to re-enter data and allow quicker submission to multiple authorities with differing requirements.
- If all data and results exist, there is no need for additional analysis.
- Validation and failure review forms allow you to quickly find where improvements are needed in the design to ensure approval is granted quickly.
Show details of the currently selected item(s) alongside the Plan view allowing values to be changed without visiting the detailed data forms.
- Streamlined views and editing capability without needing to open detailed data forms.
- Much easier to update multiple values at once rather than visiting each data form or using Tables.
- Multiple view options enables user to choose which they find quicker to use.
- Provides familiar view and edit options to CAD and MicroDrainage users.
Entry and Exit Losses added to connections.
- Enables head loss coefficients to be set for more accurate analysis of connections.
- Can be automatically set to meet audit requirements using Review Failures on Audit Report.
Allows numbering of connections or junctions along a flow path, including incoming branch lines. Start number, prefix and postfix can be set.
- Saves time manual renumbering of connections and junctions.
- Support for dendritic numbers enables matching against MicroDrainage numbering convention.
Safety Factor (UK Region only)
Reduces the Infiltration Rate during analysis by dividing it by the safety factor, which enables compliance with UK regulation.
Rural Runoff Calculator Improvements (UK Region only)
Redesigned form with additional methods to enable compliance with the latest UK regulatory requirements.
- Addition of ReFH2 method for calculating greenfield rates and volumes.
- Update of FEH QMED equation to 2008 version.
- Redesign of form to support minimum screen resolutions.
List of Improvements in 2020.1
Hydraulic LID Updates
Stormwater controls now support backwater analysis enabling accurate and realistic assessment of complex mitigation strategies.
Manhole Design Improvements
- Manhole Sizing as part of the Network Design Wizard including Offsets calculation to producing designs that meet regulatory requirements.
- Manhole Schedule formatted to meet industry standard templates for clear communication with stakeholders and reduced post-processing.
- Setting Out Information allows site origin and orientation to be entered to accommodate site requirements and enable easier to interpret schedules.
- Insert Junction avoids losing connection data and needing to redraw when adding new junctions.
- Regional modes – View software in Global or Regional modes to display only relevant methodologies and calculators giving a cleaner interface for efficient and predicable workflows.
- Project templates – Shareable templates saving reusable settings, object templates and rainfall to avoid setting up data multiple times.
Improved printing / reporting layout for clearer interpretation of results. Expanded reporting data now included to produce a complete set of print outs.
Run multiple return periods and different rainfall datasets in one simulation to accommodate all required events in the same analysis enabling easier comparison and identification of critical storms.
New Stormwater Control - Cellular Storage
Specify crate dimensions and number of crates without the need for manual calculations.
Tabular report of all contributing areas that have been analysed to easily review and report total and impermeable areas.
New Outlet - Hydro-Brakes®
Built in calculator to size HydroBrakes® using the Hydro International built in curves for their vortex controls automatically design/size appropriate flow control devices with built in curve data without having to manually populate depth/flow tables.
UK unit hydrograph methodology now supported to meet UK regulatory requirements to use the latest hydrograph runoff method.
- Import .mdx, .srcx, .casx, .mdsx
- Export .mdx
Enable smooth transition for users working with Industry Standard software to continue with designs or integrate with other packages supporting these formats.
Improved User Experience in applying new licenses and upgrading licenses without the need to exchange files.
List of Improvements in 2019.1
Adopting the SWMM5 engine brings you reliable and widely accepted hydraulic analysis of pipes, manholes and unique to XPDrainage, hydraulic LID structures. The analysis is significantly faster than the previous XPDrainage engine saving you time and giving you more confidence in your designs. It also offers more commonality with some of the other Innovyze modelling products that include SWMM5.
Build multiple reports to plot and tabulate results from different phases by total or individual objects enabling quick interpretation of results and aiding decision making when considering different stormwater control options.
Open and closed conduits can be entered by coordinates to extend the range of connections that can be included in a network.
Reduce time editing and correcting mistakes by changing templates on multiple items in one action.
Percentage Impermeable (PIMP)
Match standard UK procedures and more clearly demonstrate compliance to approving authorities.
Increase impermeable areas to model future scenarios in an easy to understand and reportable way.
Auto generate design storms to size pipes and analyze networks based on the most widely accepted rainfall method in China, saving large amounts of time manually entering rainfall events.
Show the reduction in runoff volume compared to rainfall volume in a printable format without the need for manual calculation.
- Introduce backdrops when slopes/velocities exceed maximum values and could be reduced saving manual edits.
- Refresh rational results and re-audit against pipe sizing criteria to view updated catchment data on pipe sizing report without rerunning the wizard.
- Audit pipe sizing criteria against connections to pre-test network before sizing takes place.
- Minimum DS Invert Level and Cover Depth per connections available and shown on Profile to meet fixed conditions or work with existing network infrastructure.
- Add Network Mode on plan for quicker layout of pipes and manholes.
List of Improvements in 2018.2
Automatically calculate inlet capacity using HEC22 Methodology from plan data, analysis results or manual flow entry. Preview gutter size and effectiveness in plan and cross-section view for ease of understanding.
Available as a Static Analysis option to comply with a variety of US regional runoff requirements to use the Simplified Modified Rational Method triangular hydrograph approach.
Save time building networks by communicating with more packages with a variety of text formats. Loads and saves data for Inflows, Junctions, Connections and Stormwater Controls.
Updated Pipe Sizing routine to lay the flattest gradient pipes that meet required criteria will minimize excavation and reduce construction costs. In addition, automatically size to meet max velocity, size pipes downstream of flow controls and include backdrops – all with easily visible warnings summarized to aid engineering adjustments.
View and Export rainfall before or after analysis to check, edit and reuse rainfall generated in InfoDrainage.
Speed up network editing by using the Profile Summary Table to edit values and see live updates.
Avoid manual data entry by automatically updating cover levels when a new surface is loaded. With user entered data optionally maintained.
Comply with US Requirements to use the latest rainfall database.
Comply with UK Requirements to use the latest rainfall database.
List of Improvements in 2018.1
Preliminary Pipe Sizing. Step more easily through the steps needed to complete the preliminary pipe sizing part of your stormwater design. Use this as the first step to sizing before running full analysis. Or stop here and submit your pipe sizing report for approval.
Preliminary Sizing Ribbon. Find all the tools for your preliminary pipe sizing in one place to save time navigating between different parts of the software.
Pipe Sizing Wizard. Step through setting up Pipe Sizing Criteria, reviewing proposed changes and producing a full Pipe Sizing Report quickly and easily.
More Pipe Sizing Options. To reduce the number of manual changes needed minimum and maximum gradients for different pipe sizes and fixed slopes have been added to the sizing options.
Pipe Sizing Report. Quickly view and output rational method pipe sizing reports in standard HEC-22 format or customizable, reusable layouts to meet local requirements.
IDF Table. Now set up multiple return periods / average recurrence interval IDF tables instead of individual rainfall collections. Use our pre-populated templates for NOAA Atlas 14, KOSTRA 2000 and KOSTRA 2010 IDF Data or create, save and re-use custom templates for your region.
Extended Preliminary Sizing Options. Setup separate preliminary sizing (rational method) and dynamic analysis options in the same catchment areas to take account of different methodologies available.
NEW Chamber Stormwater Control. Quickly layout Arch, Circular and Rectangular chambers or create and reuse custom chambers for stormwater storage. Visually see them laid out on plan with export to CAD and GIS options available.
Rational Method Cv Calculator. Using widely used tables of suggested runoff coefficients this built in calculator speeds up defining catchment characteristics. Local guidelines may differ from the calculator values and where values differ the locally recommended values should be used.
Seasonal Cv Values. Required in the UK by the Wallingford Procedure with FSR and FEH rainfall methods, summer and winter Cv values can be used to enable one simulation to run all storms required for design.
Additional Pipe Roughness. Now choose between Colebrook-White pipe roughness coefficient or Manning’s n values to suit your local guidelines and requirements.
List of Improvements in 2017.3
You can now export a full design or individual elements, the layout and design parameters in a format of your choice to better record and communicate asset data. Remember the format used to save time in the future when communicating with multiple authorities.
Plot Profile and CAD Export
Print scaled plots of longsection profiles to be used on site or export to CAD for inclusion in final drawings providing the next step towards building a drainage design.
In overall system Summary format, or detailed for Junctions, Connections or Stormwater Control data, a volume and dimension report can be produced as a step towards costing your project. See totals for manhole and pipe types or on an individual basis. Export to Excel or PDF to include in reporting or complete costing information.
Connections options expanded to include box culverts with or without splay at the corners for structural support.
Save time editing network details by synchronizing all manhole levels to bring them in line with pipe inverts in the click of a button.
List of Improvements in 2017.2
Huge Profile Revamp - Fully compatible with zoom and pan functions the new flexible representation of the drainage network in profile view makes it easy to spot mistakes, visualize the HGL and export to CAD for completed drawings needed on site.
Robust GIS Import - Build models more quickly by importing inflows, connections, junctions and stormwater controls and mapping recorded parameters in an easy to use wizard. Save the mapping format for future use. Provides support for the most common local authority data format.
SBUH Runoff Method (USA) - You can now meet local requirements where SBUH is required.
Variable Outfall Matrix - Easily enter complicated matrices of variable outfall data per storm event for situations where the outfall level varies through different rainfall events. With easy storage of data this setup saves hours of individual runs and results extraction and avoids multiple files.
Welcome Screen - Easier to get started with software with all the features you would expect.