These release notes describe the new feature improvements for InfoDrainage 2020.2
Plugin for Civil 3D® 2019, 2020, and 2021 allowing import and export of InfoDrainage files within Civil 3D®. This converts InfoDrainage data to and from Civil3D® objects via a parts mapping manager and offers the following benefits:
- Enables better use of Civil 3D® data, streamlining workflows, reducing laborious data entry to provide an efficient drainage design workflow.
- By using parts mapping, this enables faster 3D object representation as required for BIM compliance.
- Once parts mapping is set up, import/export remembers InfoDrainage data ensuring round tripping maintains information when multiple iterations are required.
- Stormwater controls (SuDS structures) are accurately represented in the surface as laid out on plan in InfoDrainage.
- Further design iterations within Civil 3D are minimised by maintaining correct connection, inlet and outlet locations from the graphical plan layout in InfoDrainage.
Installation and Licensing
- This interface is an optional component so is provided as a separate installer that can be installed as required. Refer to Installing InfoDrainage for Civil 3D® for installation instructions.
- Access to InfoDrainage for Civil 3D® is only available at the Advanced Tier and above. You can find more information on InfoDrainage Tiers or by contacting your account manager.
Create audit reports to check properties of the design and results against a range of criteria. Audits can trigger additional analysis or validate and report missing data required to complete the audit.
- Aids designers and reviewers by collating data required to demonstrate compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Customizable and stored templates reduce the need to re-enter data and allow quicker submission to multiple authorities with differing requirements.
- If all data and results exist, there is no need for additional analysis.
- Validation and failure review forms allow you to quickly find where improvements are needed in the design to ensure approval is granted quickly.
Show details of the currently selected item(s) alongside the Plan view allowing values to be changed without visiting the detailed data forms.
- Streamlined views and editing capability without needing to open detailed data forms.
- Much easier to update multiple values at once rather than visiting each data form or using Tables.
- Multiple view options enables user to choose which they find quicker to use.
- Provides familiar view and edit options to CAD and MicroDrainage users.
Entry and Exit Losses added to connections.
- Enables head loss coefficients to be set for more accurate analysis of connections.
- Can be automatically set to meet audit requirements using Review Failures on Audit Report.
Allows numbering of connections or junctions along a flow path, including incoming branch lines. Start number, prefix and postfix can be set.
- Saves time manual renumbering of connections and junctions.
- Support for dendritic numbers enables matching against MicroDrainage numbering convention.
Safety Factor (UK Region only)
Reduces the Infiltration Rate during analysis by dividing it by the safety factor, which enables compliance with UK regulation.
Rural Runoff Calculator Improvements (UK Region only)
Redesigned form with additional methods to enable compliance with the latest UK regulatory requirements.
- Addition of ReFH2 method for calculating greenfield rates and volumes.
- Update of FEH QMED equation to 2008 version.
- Redesign of form to support minimum screen resolutions.
For information about the improvements in earlier versions of the application, refer to Improvements in Previous Releases.