- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Click to download the METRIC model files.
In xpdrainage, there is the ability to import, create, and export templates that can be transferred to another computer with xpdrainage installed. The template items then become available in the Build menu and the Toolbox. In this model, the Toolbox includes the default template items, as well as templates set up specifically for this tutorial. We are currently missing one template for our pipes, therefore we will create a new connection template.
- Open XP_Tutorial2.xpdx.
- Under the File menu, select Templates. You will see the Template Manager where we can view, import,merge, edit, and save templates.
- If you highlight a Template Group along the left hand side of the form, you get the option to Add a new template, which will start off as a blank copy of the selected item. By right-clicking an existing template, a Duplicate can be made, which can then be edited. Adding several templates that have the same name will add a suffix number at the end of the item name. Expand the Stormwater Controls group and then the Pond group. Click the Dry Pond template. The example below shows that we have saved the Depth and Freeboard contained in the Template.
- We will now create a template for our Standard Pipe that we will be using for this tutorial. Open the connections tree and highlight Pipe, then click the + button to start creating a new template. Fill in the pipe details as shown below, then right click on New Pipe in the Tree View and rename the Connection Standard Pipe. As we can see below we have the ability to specify a pipe roughness (K value) as opposed to Manning's n, allowing us to use the ColeBrook-White equation when calculating flows through a circular pipe.
- Once the pipe template has been inserted select Save As from the file menu and save the template as Tutorial Complete_Template_Metric_2018.xptx so that we now have the completed set for our design.
This process can be repeated to provide templates for any type of Inflow, Junction, Stormwater Control, or Connection. You can also Open or Import another template file for use in your design. The Open option will replace any pre-existing template data. Importing a template file will provide you with a list of templates to import to your template list and merge the items available.
A Default Template File can be loaded and remembered via File > Preferences, and then browse to the template file location.
- Save the model as Metric_Tutorial3.xpdx
|Scroll PDF Exporter Ignore|