Each system can have one or more inlets with each inlet able to support multiple incoming inflows & and connections.
Junction or Stormwater Control: look for the Inlets Tab within the Properties form
it It is possible to specify how the incoming flow will enter the system as this will affect the time it takes the water to pass through the Stormwater Controls - SWC. There The Inlet types are two types:
- Point Inflow - The flows passing through are seen as entering at the top end of the Stormwater Controls - SWC.
- Lateral Inflow- The flows passing through are seen as entering along the length of the Stormwater Controls - SWC.
The Inlet type will be ignored in a Stormwater Control SWC if the Consider Longitudinal Delay option is turned off. This is found on the Pond, Tank, Cellular Storage and Chamber options. It is also not selected for a Soakaway as that never considers longitudinal delay.
It is possible to specify which component of a complex stormwater control SWC that an inlet connects too. This is only available for Bioretention or Swale (with Trench on) Stormwater ControlsSWC. There are two options:
- Ponding Area - The flows are seen as entering into the top of the SWC. i.e. the Ponding Area or Swale.
- Subsurface Area -
This is the list of incoming Inflows and Connections that are entering the given inlet. Use the checkboxes check boxes to select which items connect to each inlet of the Stormwater Control SWC or Junction.
This is the destination connection that any flow bypassing the inlet will be routed. This This needs to be drawn as a Bypass Connection on the Plan.
There are 5 several types of Inlet capacity that can be specified:
|Some of the options may not be available for your region. For more information, refer to the Regionalisation topic.|
- No Restriction - The incoming flow enters the system unrestricted.
- Low/High Flow - Specify a low and high filters that are applied to the flow to determine how much flow enters the system.
- Rated by Flow - Specify Approach Flow vs Captured Flow as a table.
- HEC-22 - Specify an inlet compliant with HEC-22.