Use this to create New Animation Sets to display InfoWater Map renderings. The Files files created here need to be selected when viewing the animations through your Animation Viewer. Specify the new animation file name and click on the Create button to create a new map animation file. Zoom to appropriate map extent and time step prior to creating the animation.
To learn more about creating Map Animations, refer to the section below on the Animation Viewer Methodology.
The Animation Viewer is used to retrieve and display map animations created and saved through the Animation Editor found under the Command Center tab in the InfoWater Pro Model Explorer >Tools menu. Map animations display simulation results for EPS timesteps in succession, thereby creating a "movie" effect that allows the user you to see saved and view simulation results at any point in the future.
Once an animation is saved it can be viewed through the Animation Viewer dialog box found under the Command Center tab in the InfoWater Pro Model Explorer >Tools menu. Using the drop-down list at the bottom of the Animation Viewer dialog box, the user you can select any saved movie to play a stored animation. To learn more about creating Map Animations, refer to the section on the Animation Methodology.
To create a New Animation do the following:
- Create and run an Extended Period Simulation. Click here to learn more about running Extended simulations.
- Launch the Map Display manager by clicking on the Map Display Display icon on your InfoWater Pro Ribbon. Specify map display options (the Data Source and Data Field and the color ranges). Refer to the section on Thematic Mapping to learn more about customizing your map display.
- Launch the Animation Editor dialog box from the Command Center tab in the InfoWater Pro Model Explorer >Tools menu. Specify a name for the animation as shown below and click on the Create button.
- Once the animation has been successfully recorded launch the Animation Viewer from the InfoWater Control Center -> InfoWater button -> Tools menu. Select the File to view at the bottom of the Animation Viewer dialog box.
- Choose the time steps and evaluate the animations.
- Finally exit from the Animation Viewer dialog box by clicking on the Exit icon.