The following error message is received:
Error 3: Dongle not found.
Solution 1: The license configuration file was not found in the XPSWMM directory or is read only. Find the xpswmm.xcf file with the correct version number for the version of XPSWMM that you are installing. The file may have been attached to an e-mail from Innovyze announcing your product eligibility or can be found in the root directory of the installation DVD.
Copy and paste the file into your XPSWMM directory.
It is important to mention that in older versions of XPSWMM, the configuration file had the extension *.cnf.
Solution 2: The license configuration file in the XPSWMM directory is read only. Check the properties of the file and make it read/write.
Solution 3: The license configuration file does not have the correct license number for the Sentinel hard lock that you are using. The numbers coded on the hard lock and in the license file must match.
- Run the program XPDIAGNOSTIC.EXE found in the XPSWMM directory to read the number coded on both the hard lock and the license file.
- Find and install a matching pair of hard lock and license files.
- Copy and paste the file into your XPSWMM directory or re-install the application.
XPSWMM installation logs
- Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to the special folder %TEMP%:
- Each install will normally create two logs starting with “XPSWMM_2018.2_”.
- Please e-mail Innovyze support the install logs if you are unable to install the software.