2D model objects can be created by either manually drawing the shape(s) or by importing from a GIS file, either a *.shp file or *.mid/*.mif files.
To manually add a polygon:
- Highlight the given layer in the Layer Control Panel.
- Select the polygon tool Object Creation Tools set. The cursor will show the polygon shape. from the
- Draw the outline of the given area by clicking on each vertex. Double click to complete the polygon. The polygon and the grid will be visible.
To manually add a polyline:
- Turn the Snap Mode on.
- Highlight 1D/2D Interface on the Layer Control Panel
- Select the polyline tool from the Object Creation Tools. The cursor will show the polyline shape.
- Move the mouse to the first vertex of an active 2D polygon and left click. If the cursor is not on a vertex, XPSWMM will report “Not Vertex.”
- Left click on each vertex. Double click on the last vertex.
- Alternatively, after the first vertex is selected, hold the shift key down, move the mouse to the end of the polyline and double click. The 1D/2D interface will include all vertices between the first and last (following the Active 2D Area polygon in a clockwise direction). To construct a 1D/2D interface in a counter clockwise direction, use the <Ctrl> key.
To import polygons/polylines from a shape or *.mid/*.mif file:
- Select the desired layer in the Layer Control Panel and right click.
- Select Import from GIS/CAD file…
- Navigate to the target shape file or *.mif file
- To filter the object in the shape file, select field in the Property Name drop list and list the value for polygons/polygons to be selected. Check the box next to Import Selected Data.
- Click on Import.
To modify a Polygon/Polyline:
- Make sure that the layer to be modified is visible (check mark in layer control panel), not locked and is selected in the Layer Control Panel.
- Select the pointer tool from the Object Creation Toolbar and select the polygon/polyline shape.
- Move the cursor to the blue circle on the polygon rotation handle and left click. Its appearance will change to a curved arrow. Hold the left button down to rotate a grid polygon.
- Move the cursor over a vertex. It will change to a 4-arrowed cross
- To move a vertex, hold the left button down and drag.
- To delete a vertex, right click and select delete.
- Move the cursor over a line segment and right click to access the pop-up menu. Select an option:
- Insert a vertex
- Delete selected polygon/polyline
- Regenerate grid as minimum area rectangle