Note: Before connecting to a license, the license must be applied. The process of applying the license will look different depending on if the ICM license is fixed or floating. Upon purchase of an ICM license, an email with instructions to apply the license either to a server (floating) or to a user machine (fixed) should have been received from the Innovyze licensing team. Once the license has been applied, then the instructions here can be followed in order to configure InfoWorks ICM to use the license.
This section assumes that an ICM fixed or floating license has already been applied (see note above).
- Open the InfoWorks ICM License Key Setup.
- With the License Key Setup open, choose the ‘Select a license to use with the software’ option and click ‘Next.’
- Select the ‘Choose the license to use for the current user on this computer’ option and click ‘Next.’
- If connecting to a fixed license, choose the following license type and click ‘Apply’:
If connecting to a floating license (and remaining connected to the company network), choose the following option, specify the computer name of the machine hosting the floating license, and click ‘Apply’:
If connecting to a floating license, but planning to disconnect from the company network and use the license while working remotely without VPN connection, please see these instructions.
*Note that if connecting to an ICMOne license or an ICM Viewer license, there are some additional steps to follow:
- Open the InfoWorks ICM License Key Setup again, select ‘Choose the InfoWorks ICM and InfoAsset Manager licenses to use’, and click ‘Next.’
- Select ICMOne or ICM Viewer from the options in the dropdown next to ‘ICM license,’ then click ‘Apply:’
- Open InfoWorks ICM from the list of Programs or from the desktop icon
If you receive a pop-up message about a master database not being selected or no message at all, then all is well and you may move on to ‘How to Open/Create a Master Database.’ If you receive any license errors or any other error preventing InfoWorks ICM to open, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the error or create a support ticket on the portal.