Minimum System Requirements
The following is a minimum computer configuration necessary to install and run InfoSurge:
- An IBM-compatible 2.2 GHz, Pentium III CPU personal computer with math coprocessor.
- 4 gigabytes of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 4 gigabytes of free disk space to accommodate a full InfoSurge installation.
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP 5 or later, 2000 Professional SP 3 or later, XP Professional, ME (WIN32 operating system).
- ArcView (latest version).
- InfoWater Pro (latest version).
- Video graphics adapter: 64 MB RAM miminum, 256 MB RAM or higher recommended. NVIDIA, ATI, and Intel chipsets supported.
Recommended System Configuration
The following is a list of recommendations for taking full advantage of InfoSurge:
- IBM-compatible 2.2 GHz (or higher), Pentium IV CPU personal computer.
- 4 gigabytes RAM - The more RAM available on your system, the better.
- Additional disk space - Keep as much free disk space available as possible. The InfoSurge virtual memory system needs additional free disk space when working on large projects.
To install InfoSurge for a single user or on a network, perform the following procedure:
- Close any other applications that are currently running.
- Download InfoWater Pro software from http://www.Innovyze.com -> Support -> Downloads section or from your email if it is sent to you that way.
- Double-click on the downloaded executable file and follow the on-screen instructions of the Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions of the Setup Wizard.
You can achieve optimum program performance with a local installation of InfoSurge.
Upon successful installation of the InfoSurge program, the Windows Program Manager will now contain an “InfoSurge for InfoWater Pro” Program Group with the following icons:
- InfoSurge - Starts InfoSurge for InfoWater Pro and open an existing project.
- InfoSurge Example Net1Surge - Starts InfoSurge and opens the project “Net1Surge”. This project illustrates a pump startup.
- InfoSurge Example Net2Surge - Starts InfoSurge and opens the project “Net2Surge”. This project illustrates a sudden loss of supply to the network modeled as a node inflow.
- InfoSurge Example SampleSurge - Starts InfoSurge and opens the tutorial project “SampleSurge”. This project will be used to review a pump shutdown condition and along with the selection of a surge protection device. Upon completion of the tutorial, the user will have created a copy of the “SampleSurgeSol” project.
- InfoSurge Example SampleSurgeSol - Starts InfoSurge and opens the surge project “SampleSurgeSol”. This project is a surge simulation model and can be used to review most InfoSurge capabilities.
- InfoSurge Help - Opens the InfoSurge Online Help System.
To activate InfoSurge, perform the following procedure:
- From the Start menu, select Programs, choose the InfoSurge for InfoWater Pro program group, and then choose InfoSurge.
- Click on the InfoWater Pro ribbon, and then select the About command. Choose the InfoSurge tab. This will prompt the Innovyze® Inc. License Management dialog box.
- When the Innovyze® Inc. License Management dialog box shows up, set the Request License Key Online for drop-down menu to Activation and click on the Go button to activate your Internet browser and open Innovyze® Inc.’s License Registration webpage.
- Please verify the Serial Number and the CD Key and then fill in your Name, Company Name, Email Address and Telephone Number.
- Finally, click on the Submit button to send your request for obtaining your License Key. A confirmation message of your request should then be shown. Close your Internet browser.
- The License Key will be generated and emailed to you. After you have received the License Key, repeat Steps 1 and 2 from above.
- When the Innoyvze® Inc.'s License Management dialog box shows up, copy the License Key from Innovyze® Inc.’s email and paste it in the License Key field of the Innovyze® Inc. License Management dialog box.
- Click on the Apply License Changes button to complete the activation process.
- Finally, click the OK button of the Confirmation dialog box and then click on the Close button to close the Innovyze® Inc. License Management dialog box.
- The InfoSurge toolbar will appear on your screen and will be enabled for use.
After the above activation process is completed, your Serial Number is shown in the InfoSurge tab of the About InfoWater Pro dialog box as shown below.
Click on License Details in the About InfoWater Pro dialog box to view your Serial Number, CD Key, and Hardware Identification Key as shown below:
Alternatively, to obtain your License Key, send us an email at support@Innovyze.com or contact us at (626) 568-6868. You will need to provide your Serial Number and CD Key along with your Hardware Identification Key to obtain your License Key.
To uninstall InfoSurge, perform the following procedure:
- Select Settings from the Windows Start menu;
- Select Apps & Features from the Settings menu;
- Select InfoWater Surge from the list of programs that appears; and
- Click Uninstall.