Use this to create New Animation Sets to display InfoWater Map renderings. The files created here need to be selected when viewing the animations through your Animation Viewer. Specify the new animation file name and click on the Create button to create a new map animation file. Zoom to appropriate map extent and time step prior to creating the animation.
To learn more about creating Map Animations, refer to the section below on the Animation Viewer Methodology.
The Animation Viewer is used to retrieve and display map animations created and saved through the Animation Editor found under the Command Center tab in the InfoWater Pro Model Explorer >Tools menu. Map animations display simulation results for EPS timesteps in succession, thereby creating a "movie" effect that allows you to see saved and view simulation results at any point in the future.
Once an animation is saved it can be viewed through the Animation Viewer dialog box found under the Command Center tab in the InfoWater Pro Model Explorer >Tools menu. Using the drop-down list at the bottom of the Animation Viewer dialog box, you can select any saved movie to play a stored animation. To learn more about creating Map Animations, refer to the section on the Animation Methodology.
Map Animation Display
This screen displays the Map Animations saved in InfoWater Pro. Map animations display simulation results for EPS timesteps in succession, thereby creating a movie effect that allows you to see saved and view simulation results at any point in the future. Use the Map Animation icons at the bottom of the screen to view the animations at different time steps of an EPS run.
Map Animation Options
Copy Image - Copy the image in the animation viewer to the Windows clipboard. With the image in the clipboard, you are able to paste the image into any third party software program.
Fast Backward - Play the animation in reverse at a refresh frequency as specified from the Delay Setting button.
Backward - Go back one slide.
Forward - Go forward one slide.
Fast Forward - Play the animation in forward at a refresh frequency as specified from the Delay Setting button.
Display Setting - Specify a refresh rate for the animation (in milliseconds).
Exit - Exit the animation viewer.
Time Step - Displays the Map Animation Time Step.
File Name - From the drop-down box, select the desired animation viewer to show.
Animation Viewer Methodology
To create a New Animation:
- Create and run an Extended Period Simulation.
- Launch the Map Display manager by clicking on the Map Display icon on your InfoWater Pro Ribbon. Specify map display options (the Data Source and Data Field and the color ranges).
- Launch the Animation Editor dialog box from the Command Center tab in the InfoWater Pro Model Explorer >Tools menu. Specify a name for the animation as shown below and click on the Create button.
- Once the animation has been successfully recorded launch the Animation Viewer from the InfoWater Control Center -> InfoWater button -> Tools menu. Select the File to view at the bottom of the Animation Viewer dialog box.
- Choose the time steps and evaluate the animations.
- Finally exit from the Animation Viewer dialog box by clicking on the Exit icon.