By default, InfoDrainage loads the most appropriate language based on your computer's current region settings. A number of these different languages (en-GB, de-DE, fr-FR, etc.) will come prepackaged with your copy of InfoDrainage. However, the software is designed to be easily translated into other languages via the use of a Translations.xml file should you want to override the automatic functionality.
Typically, this translation process does not need to be followed by end users; it will be completed automatically by the software, by Innovyze, or by the associated distributor for a given area. If you would like to obtain a translation for another language please contact us.
In order to have a localized version of InfoDrainage, users can be provided with a Translations.xml file, which is a type of a dictionary for the application. The file mainly consists of key-value pairs: the key, which is given in English, is converted to the value, which is in the target language, and appears in the application.
To aid the creation and maintenance of a translations file for distributors and power users, InfoDrainage includes the Translation Administrator tool. This provides the ability to produce a Translations.xml file, which will be placed in your computer's InfoDrainage folder within the AppData directory (typically %AppData%/innovyze/InfoDrainage)
Using the Translations.xml file
After the Translations.xml file has been created or updated, please follow these steps:
- Ensure that InfoDrainage is closed.
- Locate your custom “Translations.xml” file.
- In Windows File Explorer, type into the url bar: %AppData%/Innovyze/InfoDrainage
- Copy and paste the file into this directory.
- Close the File Explorer window.
- Now run the InfoDrainage application. The software will load the new translations file and update the values with those entered in Translations Administrator.