The Results status bar provides both the video controls and storm selection combo box and appears at the bottom of the application once results have been generated.
Note that the results status bar controls will only be available when:
- The storm selection combo box is enabled only when there are analysis results.
- The video controls are only enabled when there are both analysis results and there are one or more Profile windows are open.
The behaviour of the status bar when there are no results or results are being generated depends upon the Analysis Mode specified in the Preferences dialog box:
- User: When Go is pressed, the new status bar disappears, reappearing once the results have been generated. Once results have been invalidated, the new status bar disappears (and results are not regenerated).
- Maintain Results: When Go is pressed, the new status bar remains on screen but all of its controls are disabled until results have been generated. In this mode, if the results have become invalidated, they are regenerated – in this case the new status bar again remains on screen but disabled until results have been generated.
- Background: When Go is pressed, the new status bar disappears, reappearing once the results have been generated. In this mode, if the results have become invalidated, they are regenerated – in this case the new status bar again disappears until results have been generated at which point the status bar reappears.
The video controls are used to control the animation on the Profile. Their basic operation is described below.
Play Animation - Starts the animation or continues if paused.
Pause Animation - Pauses the animation. Click play to resume.
Stop - Stops the animation.
Frame Rewind - Steps back one frame in the animation.
Frame Advance - Steps forward one frame in the animation.
Play Speed - Changes the play speed. The animation can also be played at double speed or four times normal speed.
Record - Creates an AVI file of the animation. The video compression option dialog box will be displayed after a file name has been selected. The options available on this form will depend on the video compressors that are installed. During the generation of the AVI file, no applications or windows should be moved or resized as this may corrupt the AVI file generated.
The AVI will not be saved until the Stop button is pressed or the view being recorded is closed. This allows you to repeat parts of the animation as needed.
The Storm Selection combo box allows you to select which storm, or event, they wish to view on the results forms.
From the drop-down list select which storm to show results for when using the various Results Ribbon options.