The View Available and Unavailable Licenses option allows the contents of a given license to be viewed.
Some of the following options can take some time to perform, depending on the speed, size and the number of license managers within the network.
To show license details:
- Run the Innovyze License Administrator (ILA) from your InfoDrainage group in the Windows Start menu.
- Select View Available and Unavailable Licenses and click Next.
- Select the server machine (or Local for the machine that the ILA is running on) to view the license details available on that server (or local machine). The details of the selected license are displayed (including their expiry date and the number of licenses (seats) available if it is a network license).
To refresh the license servers:
- Click the Refresh button to update the list of available servers within the network.
To add a user defined server:
- If the ILA is unable to automatically locate the server where a network license is hosted, it can be manually added by entering its host name or IP address.
- Click the Add button to include it in the list of servers to search for licenses.
To remove a user defined server:
- Select the user defined server in the list of servers.
- Click the Remove button to delete the server from the list of servers to search for licenses.
To automatically update available licenses
- Check the Auto Refresh checkbox to allow the ILA to update the licenses in use at a regular interval (every five seconds).
To borrow a floating license to the local machine
In order to use a floating license, when disconnected from the network in which the license manager resides, follow the instructions below:
- Select a date that the floating license can be borrowed until. This is the date that the borrowed floating license will be automatically returned on and its default is seven days from the current date (to a maximum of 30 days).
- Select the product that is to be borrowed by clicking its name within the list (e.g. InfoDrainage - shown above in blue).
- Click the Commute button and the license will be borrowed to the local machine after a period time. A commuting status message will be shown under the list of products whilst the commute is in progress. The borrowed license will only be available on the local machine for the duration of the selected period and reduces the number of available licenses from the network license manager.
To return a borrowed license early
In order to return a borrowed floating license early, ensure that the machine with the borrowed license is connected to the network which it borrowed the license from, and then follow the instructions below:
- Select the "Local" server in the list of servers available.
- Select the product that is to be returned early by clicking its name within the list (e.g. InfoDrainage - shown above in blue).
- Click the Return button and the license will be returned to the server it was borrowed from. This allows this license to be used again within the network.