|Click to download the Introduction [Metric] tutorial model files.|
CAD data is useful as it provides visual reference and values are taken directly from ground data. In this chapter, you will learn how to load CAD data into InfoDrainage.
- Firstly, create a new InfoDrainage file.
- Click the CAD Data button in the Import ribbon.
- Click the Select button and select the file named CADExample.dxf. Click Next.
- Select all layers apart from Site Survey Data (this will be loaded later). Click Finish.
A CAD image is loaded to the InfoDrainage workspace. Currently this is a drawing and has no data regarding surface levels.
- To load our surface information, right-click Surface in Tree View and then select Load Surface.
- Click the CAD button from the Surface Data dialog box. The surface data can be loaded from the same CAD file (CADExample.dxf) that was used previously.
- We can upload the data in the same method as before but only selecting Site Survey Data, and then selecting Finish.
- Easting and Northings from the CAD data will appear in the elevation points. Click OK. If you have yet to save the InfoDrainage file you will prompted to save the surface file, otherwise the existing InfoDrainage (.iddx) filename will be used.
- Exiting out of the form surface data is now shown in our area in Plan View.
- Deselect Surface to make the drawing easier to work with.