Click to download the METRIC model files.
- Continue with your previous file or open ID_Tutorial2.iddx.
Within InfoDrainage, there is the ability to import, create, and export templates, which can be transferred to another computer with InfoDrainage installed. The template items then become available in the Build menu and the Toolbox. In this model, the Toolbox includes the default Template items, as well as Templates set up specifically for this tutorial. We are currently missing one template for our pipes, therefore we will create a new connection template.
- Under the File menu, select Object Templates. You will see the Template Manager where we can View, Import, Merge, Edit and Save templates.
- If you highlight a Template Group along the left-hand side of the form, you get the option to Add a new template, which will start off as a blank copy of the selected item. By right-clicking an existing Template, a Duplicate can be made, which can then be edited. Adding several Templates that have the same name will add a suffix number at the end of the item name. Expand the Stormwater Controls group and then the Pond group. Click the Dry Pond template. The example below shows that we have saved the Depth and Freeboard contained in the Template.
- We will now create a template for our Standard Pipe we will be using for this tutorial. Open the connections tree and highlight Pipe, then click the + button to start creating a new template. Fill in the pipe details as shown below, then right-click New Pipe in the TreeView and rename the Connection ‘Standard Pipe’. As we can see below, we have the ability to specify a pipe roughness (K value) as opposed to Manning's n, allowing us to use the ColeBrook-White equation when calculating flows through a circular pipe. The template is automatically saved.
This process can be repeated to provide templates for any type of Inflow, Junction, Stormwater Control or Connection. Once you have created a Template, you can save the Template (*.idtx) file for use in other designs. Further, you can Open or Import another Template file for use in your Design. Open will replace any pre-existing Template data, whereas importing a Template file will provide you with a list of Templates to Import to your Template list and merge the items available. Object Templates can be saved as part of a Project Template file.
- Save the model as ID_Tutorial3.iddx