The Project Prioritization Settings set the boundaries for the Project Prioritization analysis sample size. On the other hand, the Project Prioritization workspace allows for the creation and editing of the flow chart that specifies the parameters that the pipes need to fall in to be added to a project.
Project Prioritization Settings
The Project Prioritization Settings are important specifications for the analysis. It allows you to define the boundary of the sample size analyzed by specifying a Cutoff Risk Level based on results of the risk analysis (Negligible - Extreme). You also specify the Rehab ID of the Rehabilitation Plan results and a Budget Per Project. The budget specified is the boundary that determines how many pipes will be assigned to an individual project. However, all pipes that are within the cutoff risk will have Project Prioritization results are will be allocated to a project even if the rehabilitation cost exceeds the budget.
ID: Edit the Project Prioritization ID.
Description: Edit the Project Prioritization Description.
Facility Type: Select the Facility Type that the analysis will be done on. Only linear facility types will be available.
Rehab ID: Select the Rehabilitation Plan that the analysis will be based on. The Project Prioritization analysis will use the Rehab Action results from the Rehabilitation Plan selected.
Cutoff Risk Level: Select the Risk Level for the facilities that will be included in the analysis. The Risk level is the Risk grade results from the Risk Analysis selected for the Rehabilitation Plan analysis.
Budget Per Project: Specify a budget for each project. The analysis will group pipes based on the Project Prioritization parameters until it reaches the budget within the Budget Tolerance. After a project reaches the budget, the analysis continues onto the next project. Note that facilities that are within the Cutoff Risk Level and exceed the budget are still included in the analysis but are not grouped with other facilities (i.e., one pipe per project).
Budget Tolerance: The tolerance is taken into account for the maximum allowable budget per project.
Project Prioritization Workspace
The Project Prioritization workspace allows you to create the Project Prioritization flow chart. Based on the Project Criteria specified in the flow chart, the analysis will determine how the pipes within the sample size (Cutoff Risk Level) will be grouped into projects.
Menu and Toolbar Buttons
File - Allows you to select a variety of options such as create new Project Prioritization flow chart, export the flow chart as a picture, and print a copy of the flow chart.
Run - Runs the Project Prioritization analysis.
Windows - Allows you to manage the Windows that are viewed in the Project Prioritization workspace.
This additional toolbar gives you more ways to manipulate their Project Prioritization flow chart. Notable options include:
New - Create a new blank project.
Save - Project Prioritization projects can be saved within the InfoAsset Planner project. When making any changes in the project workspace, the Project Prioritization flow chart should be saved.
Export - Allows you to export Project Prioritization flow charts as pictures (.png/.svg /PDF).
Run - Run the Project Prioritization analysis.
Zoom in/Zoom out/Fit to Document/Fit to Objects - These options allow you to manage the viewing extent of the project.
Rearrange - Randomly re-organizes the Project Prioritization flow chart into a more user-friendly template.
Draw/Select/Pan - The last three options control how you interact with the Project Prioritization workspace. Note that you can select multiple objects all at once to move or delete groups of building blocks.
Spatial Relationship - Selects facilities to group into a project based on polygons, connectivity, and proximity to a starting facility.
- Polygon Project Boundary - Groups facilities into a project based on polygons. Project polygon layer will act as a boundary. With this new feature, you can create a boundary that will allow you to split a polygon into different polygon groups (e.g., pipes in group Polygon A will not be grouped in Polygon B).
- Connectivity - Groups facilities into a project based on link connectivity (e.g., pipes that are connected within 3 assets of the starting facility).
- Proximity - Groups facilities into a project based on proximity (e.g., pipes that are within 100 ft of the starting facility).
Parametric - Selects facilities to group into a project based on a common parameter.
- Material - Groups facilities that have a common material into a project. Each project created will have facilities with the same material.
- Diameter - Groups facilities that have a common diameter into a project. Each project created will have facilities with the same diameter.
- Rehab Action Groups - When creating projects based on rehabilitation results this should be the first project criteria in the flow chart. This option groups facilities that have a common Rehab Action from the rehabilitation analysis into a project. Several rehab actions available in the InfoAsset Planner project can be selected. However, only Rehab Action results that are within the Cutoff Risk specified in the Project Prioritization will generate results.
Additional Facilities Rehab - Allows the manhole's rehabilitation in the results.
- Include Manhole's Rehab - If this option is selected, then you want to include manhole rehabilitation in the Project Prioritization results. The budget specified in the analysis will take into account Manhole rehabilitation costs.