Calculate Values in Each Pounded Area - One or more of the three calculation options can be used in the Valve Criticality Analysis.
Step 2: Valve Criticality Options
Calculate Count of Laterals Connected to Pipes - The quantity of laterals that will be affected for each pounded area. InfoAsset Planner finds laterals by analyzing whether a lateral or service line intersects the pressurized main or not.
Calculate Count of Meters - The quantity of meters that will be affected for each pounded area.
- Meter Layer - Choose the GIS layer from the map that includes meter points.
- Meter ID Field - Select the field from the selected Meter Layer that indicates the ID for each meter point.
- Pipe ID Field - Select the field from the selected Meter Layer that indicates which pressurized pipe in the InfoAsset Planner database that the meter is assigned. If the meters are not yet assigned to pipes, add a field for the Pipe ID to the Meter Layer (using ArcMap tools), then click on the Assign Closest Pipe ID to Meters button to populate the Pipe ID field with the closest pressurized pipe's ID.
- Max Distance - Specify the maximum distance to be used when utilizing the Assign Closest Pipe ID to Meters tool.
- Assign Closest Pipe ID to Meters - Click on the Assign Closest Pipe ID to Meters button to populate the Pipe ID field with the closest pressurized pipe's ID. If there is not a Pipe ID field in the selected Meter Layer, then one will need to be added prior to using this tool to assign pipes to the meter points.
- Draw - Select this button to draw a line on the map from each meter point to its assigned pipe.
Calculate Sum Value - This section allows users to sum a user-defined field value for reporting in the valve criticality tool. A good example of this is summing the demand values reported on each of the meters or service lines. By summing the demand, total demand within each pounded area can be extracted, compared, and analyzed.
Internal Table - If the summed values will come from data that is already included in the InfoAsset Planner project database, click the button to navigate to and select that internal table.
- External Table - If the summed values will come from one of the external GIS Layers that have been added to the map, choose the layer from the drop-down field.
- Pipe ID Field - The field from the selected Internal or External Table that includes the Pipe ID where the value from the Target Field will be summed.
- Target Field - The field that includes the values to be summed for the Valve Criticality Analysis.
- Sum Field Alias - Specify an alternative field name for the Target Field.
Click Next> to apply the settings and options specified in this window.