The Open Existing Database optioncan be used to open existing InfoAsset Planner project databases and associate them with a new map document. This tool can also be used to open geodatabases not configured to be InfoAsset Planner project databases and adapt them as InfoAsset Planner project databases. The Open Existing Database option will only be available if a recognized InfoAsset Planner project is not already open.
The following steps describe how to open and convert a geodatabase to become an InfoAsset Planner project database using this option.
- From the InfoAsset Planner toolbar, click
- After selecting Open Existing Database, InfoAsset Planner will either prompt you to login to use an existing system database or ask you to create a new system database. To create a new system database, select the first ellipsis.
- After specifying the system database, InfoAsset Planner may prompt you with a default username and password (Admin/Admin) for this new system database. Accept these defaults and change the Media File Location and/or Report Library Location if desired.
- Next, select the category for the created InfoAsset Planner project database. The category chosen will dictate which default tables will be added inside this new InfoAsset Planner project database. You may switch from Water to Sewer, Sewer to Water, or add custom networks regardless of the initial category chosen.
- Last, select the geodatabase with the second ellipsis. This geodatabase is either an existing InfoAsset Planner project database or the geodatabase to be converted to an InfoAsset Planner project database. If the geodatabase is an existing InfoAsset Planner project database, you may be prompted to update the database if it was last opened with an older version of InfoAsset Planner, but otherwise it should open with no issues.
- If the geodatabase is to be converted into an InfoAsset Planner database; however, InfoAsset Planner should recognize this and prompt you with the following message. You should select Yes to add the InfoAsset Planner specific tables.
- After clicking Open, InfoAsset Planner should prompt you again with the following message. If you wish to set up the default ESRI LGIM feature classes within this project database, they may select Yes and the InfoAsset Planner project database will be created. If they want to create their own mappings and utilize the feature classes already within the geodatabase, you should select no to open the Facility and Asset Type Manager. In general, if you are trying to create an InfoAsset Planner project database with this Open InfoAsset Planner Project option, it is advisable to select No.
- After selecting No the Facility and Asset Type Manager will open. Now you should remap feature classes from the InfoAsset Planner defaults for facility types and to the feature classes within the soon to be created InfoAsset Planner project database by using the ellipsis button. In the example below, the Manholes facility type has been remapped from 'ssManhole' to 'Manholes' which is in the selected geodatabase. You should complete this process for all applicable facility types. For more information on the Facility and Asset Type manager, click here.
- After completing this mapping, click Save. InfoAsset Planner may alert you to the fact that the project database is being updated, click Yes and then watch your InfoAsset Planner database be built. If any errors arise, please Contact Innovyze Support.