InfoAsset Planner's Survey Import tool was largely designed around the schema for the Standard Exchange PACP database. This is one of the most universal CCTV data formats in the US and easily consumable within InfoAsset Planner.
Follow the basic steps below to create a new PACP database within InfoAsset Planner and then import into it with a standard exchange PACP database.
- Begin a CCTV Import with one of the following methods.
- From the InfoAsset Planner menu, select Import Pipe Survey Data.
- In the Analysis tab of the Operation Center window, right-click on Survey Data Import and select New.
- Then, choose the Survey Standard of the data to be CCTV Survey to be imported and click OK. In the example below, NASSCO's PACP is selected. NASSCO standards are most common in the U.S.; however, other countries or agencies may use different types.
- Assign an ID and description and click OK. Remember the ID must be placed before the comma and has character restrictions, while the description is placed later and has no character restrictions.
- The following window contains many options for importing survey data. After specifying, click Next.
Import all source data - Tick this box to import all surveys within the source data regardless of whether they can be identified with a particular pipe. Inspections identified as duplicates, those with the exact same date/time/manholes/directions as other inspections, will still be removed from the import.
Facility Scope - Specify if the survey import will be limited to the Full Network, a particular Facility Selection, Zone. Inspections which cannot be joined to the facility scope chosen will not be imported into InfoAsset Planner. A text popup should show inspections not matched and not imported when complete.
Import From - Choose where the survey data will be imported from. In this example, Standard Exchange PACP data will be imported from a Standard Database. Click this option and select the ellipsis buttonto navigate to the databases. Standard Exchange PACP databases should be in .mdb format and easily selectable via the ArcGIS explorer. Multiple databases may be imported all at one time and combined into a single InfoAsset Planner dataset.
- After clicking Next, the three panel Survey Data Import interface will open. For Standard Exchange Databases, all required tables and fields should automatically map as desired. You should specify the import options and click Import. All fields should automatically import because InfoAsset Planner's standard PACP import tables and fields are designed to exactly match Standard Exchange PACP databases.
The only additional field users should consider manually mapping is the Source ID field. It is good practice to map this field to the same field as the Inspection ID field above it. This helps to track the Inspection ID field as the Inspections IDs are reindexed inside InfoAsset Planner's survey import databases.
- After verifying the field mapping and making any necessary adjustments, click Import and view the related errors or messages.
- With CCTV data now imported, the next step is to verify the imported data through InfoAsset Planner's DB Editor and run the CCTV Analysis Wizard.