This section of the Help provides an overview of the tools available in the InfoAsset Planner toolbar and drop-down menu. More details about these tools can be found in other, more specific topics in the Help.
InfoAsset Planner is an extension of ArcMap so all the tools and resources available in ArcMap still remain when using InfoAsset Planner. To turn on the InfoAsset Planner tools after a new install, open ArcMap and go to Customize>Extensions in the ArcMap menu and tick the box for InfoAsset Planner. If the InfoAsset Planner toolbar is not visible, go to Customize>Toolbars and select the InfoAsset Planner toolbar. The following toolbar should now be visible in the interface:
The buttons in the InfoAsset Planner toolbar should appear colored - as shown above - whenever an InfoAsset Planner Sewer project is opened. If an Sewer/Water network is opened or the project database is part of a geometric network, different icons may be highlighted and/or grayed out.
Main InfoAsset Planner Toolbar - Drop-down Menu
Many options in the main drop-down menu are redundant to options included in other areas of InfoAsset Planner. However, some unique options can only be found in this drop-down list.
- Logins - Allows you to customize the System Database to create/delete additional Logins.
- Create New Database/Open Existing Database - These functions are also available as buttons in the InfoAsset Planner toolbar as different ways to start an InfoAsset Planner project.
- Export Database - This option allows you to export any of the feature classes or attribute tables within the project database to another GIS location. You can select the desired database type (Personal, File, or ArcSDE) and then select the feature classes and tables from the current InfoAsset Planner project that will be exported. This is a good way to create a personalized copy of the InfoAsset Planner project. For more information, click here.
- Import InfoWater/InfoSWMM/H2OMAP SWMM/InfoSewer Project - Depending on the network you are in, Water/Sewer, different options will be available here. For those users migrating from Innovyze's CapPlan Water or CapPlan Sewer asset management solutions to InfoAsset Planner, this is a good way to migrate those existing projects. For users with existing InfoWater/InfoSWMM models, this may be a good option, but generally it is more advisable to import directly from GIS. For more information, click here.
- Import InfoAsset Manager Data - For users with Innovyze's partner asset management solution, InfoAsset Manager, this too is used to import directly to InfoAsset Planner. For more information, click here.
- Facility and Asset Type Manager - Controls how the feature classes within the InfoAsset Planner project are mapped to InfoAsset Planner's created facility types. For more information, click here.
- Facility and Asset Template Manager - Sets InfoAsset Planner's default template in terms of the relationships between parent facilities and vertical assets.
- Import Facility Data - The main tool for importing and updating the facility type or GIS information within InfoAsset Planner. Like the other import windows, the Import Facility Data window is separated into three different panels. The left panel specifies the internal InfoAsset Planner table/feature class the user wants to import to, the middle panel is for specifying outside data used to update the Planner table/feature class, and the right panel allows you to customize the field mapping from the outside data to the internal InfoAsset Planner table/feature class. For more information on this option, click here.
- Import Vertical Asset Data - Used to import vertical asset/non-spatial data into the InfoAsset Planner project. For more information on this option, click here.
- Import Pipe Survey Data/Import Manhole Survey Data - CCTV or other survey data may either be imported by using this drop-down option or from within the Analysis tab of the Operation Center. Seven pipe CCTV standards and one (NASSCO MACP) manhole CCTV standard is supported by InfoAsset Planner.
- Import Work Management Tables - CMMS/Work Management data may either be imported through this option or through the Work Manager window. Service requests, inspections, and work orders are the primary InfoAsset Planner CMMS categories and each have slightly different import windows.. For more information on these options, click here.
- Defect Codes - These special tables are used to score imported survey data when it is run through the Pipe Survey Wizard tool. Different default codes tables are stored in this options and may be edited by the user if desired. For more information on Defect Codes tables, click here.
- Rehab Actions and Costs - This interface helps to assign Rehab Methods, Rehab Actions, and Costs to facilities after they are run through an InfoAsset Planner rehabilitation decision tree. Draft Costs are also produced with data in this interface from Rehab Method information. All facility types may have Rehab Actions, Methods, and Costs associated to them. For more information, click here.
- Report Template Library - Provides access to users of all the advanced PDF report templates stored in the location specified by the system database. You may create their own custom PDF report templates to add to this library location. For more information on advanced PDF reports, click here.
- Setting - Opens up the Settings interface. Many options are available here which affect a variety of functions such as spatial join tolerance, language and currency options, and default visual options. It is recommended that these settings be reviewed before beginning an InfoAsset Planner project.
- ID Preference - Specifies the naming convention for new items created within the InfoAsset Planner project. It is recommended that these preferences be reviewed before beginning an InfoAsset Planner project.
- Help - Provides a direct link to this Help File, information on contacting Innovyze Support, and a link to the Innovyze website. The Help > About InfoAsset Planner... option allows you to view the current version of InfoAsset Planner, licensing information, and the location of the current project database and system database.
Main InfoAsset Planner Toolbar - Buttons
here.Create New InfoAsset Planner Project: If the project database opened is recognized as an InfoAsset Planner project, this button will be grayed out. If it is highlighted, the .mxd does not recognize the project/feature classes displayed as an InfoAsset Planner project. You should select this button to create a new InfoAsset Planner database using ESRI's Local Government Information Model (LGIM) default feature classes. For more information on this option, click
here.Open InfoAsset Planner Project: Like the Create New InfoAsset Planner Project button, this icon will be highlighted if the .mxd does not recognize or is not connected to an InfoAsset Planner project database already. When it is grayed out, all the other InfoAsset Planner tools should be available. You should select this button to connect the open .mxd to an existing InfoAsset Planner project or to create a custom InfoAsset Planner project database. For more information on this option, click
InfoAsset Planner Network Type: Allows you to switch between Sewer and Water networks, as well as any custom networks (i.e., roads, other utility lines) that you might create.
Digitization Buttons: These buttons allow you to digitize manholes, fittings, tanks, system valves, control valves, hydrants, pumps, pipes, and other facility types that were not imported from GIS or other software. Different icons will be highlighted depending on whether an InfoAsset Planner Sewer, Water, or Custom network is currently open.
Geometric Network tools: These tools are only highlighted if the InfoAsset Planner project database contains an ESRI geometric network feature. With the geometric network functionality, you can trace upstream, trace downstream, and close system valves if imported to 'simulate' pipe isolation. Note that geometric networks are only fully supported with Standard ArcGIS or greater licenses. Geometric networks create additional rules InfoAsset Planner must follow if brought into the project database, so you may run into unexpected errors if geometric networks are applied with Basic ArcGIS licenses.
Select Facility: This tool allows you to select a facility and review all the InfoAsset Planner information associated with the single facility. It is often helpful to draw a box around the desired facility instead of trying to directly click on it. The selected facility's data is displayed in the Facility Explorer window.
Select Work Item: Used to select individual items from the Work Manager window. It can select even if the work item is not displayed. The selected work item will appear in the Work Explorer.
Clear Facility Selection: Clears all items selected by a Facility Selection or the Select Facility tool.
Help.Open DB Editor: The DB Editor gives you access to view/edit GIS, CCTV, and CMMS data beyond using the ArcMap Editor toolbar. For more information, see this section of the
here.Work Manager Window: This dockable window stores all imported CMMS data, including service requests, inspections, and work orders. For more information on this window, click
here.Operation Center Window: This dockable window contains InfoAsset Planner's core analysis tools, including CCTV import and analysis, risk analyses, deterioration models, and rehabilitation planning. For more information on this window, click
here.Facility Explorer Window: This dockable window displays information on individual facilities selected by the user. Attribute data, COF, LOF, Risk, and associate Work Manager data associated to the selected facility may be found here. For more information on this window, click
here.Message and Results Window: This dockable window displays errors, messages, and results information from multiple InfoAsset Planner analyses. For more information on this window, click
here.Dashboard Window: This dockable window displays results information from multiple different InfoAsset Planner analyses. Graphs, tabular reports, and other data types may all be stored within InfoAsset Planner dashboards via the Dashboard window. For more information on this window, click
here.Profile Plot: This tool is only highlighted in sewer networks. It allows you to select a number of pipes and view the profile view. For more information on this window, click
Facility and Asset Type Manager window.Reset Facility Layer Display: Resets any current map display to the InfoAsset Planner default map display. InfoAsset Planner's default map display can be edited within the
CMMS Data Exchange: Allows you with specific CMMS software the ability to connect via REST API. With appropriate REST API connection, you can directly import CMMS data into InfoAsset Planner from their compatible software. This tool is only available for users with Tier 2 and above InfoAsset licensing.